Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear™ ADM1266 Super Sequencer®, a highly programmable device for monitoring, sequencing, and margining up to 17 power supplies. For larger rail counts, a proprietary 2-wire interdevice bus synchronizes the operation of 16 ADM1266s. A built-in sequencing engine monitors each supply fault detector, general purpose inputs/outputs, and timers to turn the supplies on and off in a user-determined sequence. All configuration is performed through the intuitive ADI Power Studio GUI, reducing design time. The ADM1266 provides a highly flexible yet simple solution to manage complex power systems on FPGA, ASIC, and processor boards in network routers and switches, servers and data storage systems.
- View the ADM1266 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/ADM1266
The ADM1266 integrates an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and nine voltage output digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that adjust the feedback node or reference of a DC-to-DC converter to implement a closed-loop, autonomous margining system. A nonvolatile EEPROM records voltage, time, and fault information when instructed by the sequencing engine configuration, speeding fault debug.
The ADM1266, along with the ADI Power Studio software, offers a feature-rich configurable state machine to meet complex sequencing requirements. Built-in debugging features like breakpoints and black box, along with the software setup wizards, reduce development and debug time from days to a matter of hours. The interdevice bus between multiple ADM1266s ensures they perform like a single device, providing for an intuitive design process. By handling all complexity, the software fashions a seamless design experience from 17 rails to 257 rails.
Specified over the −40oC to 85oC temperature range, the ADM1266 is offered in a 64-pin 9mm x 9mm LFCSP package. Device samples and evaluation circuit boards are available online or from your local Analog Devices sales office. For more information, visit www.analog.com/ADM1266.
Summary of Features: ADM1266
- Margins, Trims, Sequences, Supervises & Monitors Supplies
- Supervises, Sequences & Monitors 17 Supplies
- 257 Supplies with Cascaded ADM1266
- 2-Wire Interdevice Bus for Cascading
- Fully Programmable Sequencing Engine
- Industry Standard PMBus Interface
- EEPROM for Nonvolatile Configuration & Black Box Fault Recording
- Main & Backup Memory
- Supported by ADI Power Studio
- 12-Bit ADC for Readback of Supply Output Voltages
- 9 Voltage Output 8-Bit DACs for Supply Voltage Margining
- Powered from Highest of Two 3V–15V Inputs
- 16 PDIOs & 9 GPIOs
Pricing & Availability
Price Each per 1,000
9mm x 9mm LFCSP-64
About Analog Devices
Analog Devices is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com.