Linear Technology Corporation introduces an IO-Link (IEC 61131-9) reference design kit, which includes the DC2228A 8-port IO-Link master and DC2227A IO-Link device reference designs. With over 2.19 million IO-Link nodes installed worldwide, the growing demand for larger networks is addressed by the new reference design kit, which reduces IC count, development costs and time to market. Users can quickly evaluate an end-to-end IO-Link v1.1 system, complete with all required hardware, cables and software.
The DC2228A is a complete 8-port IO-Link master reference design that uses two LTC2874 quad master ICs to implement its IO-Link v1.1 physical interface (PHY), leveraging the LTC2874’s high port count and robustness – Hot Swap™ protected L+ supply outputs, ±50V abs max CQ pins and 8V to 34V operation. The DC2228A conveniently operates with either an external 24V supply or a Power over Ethernet (PoE) system. An onboard dual-core NXP LPC43 microcontroller runs the DC2228A’s protocol stack, while a TEConcept software Control Tool operates the board directly from a Windows PC or remotely over Ethernet for more accurate factory floor simulation. Any IO-Link device, including the DC2227A, can connect to the DC2228A.
The DC2227A is a complete IO-Link device reference design that uses an LT3669-2 device transceiver IC for communication and for powering an onboard temperature sensor, light sensor and incandescent lamp, leveraging the LT3669-2’s ±60V line protection and high current driving capabilities – a 300mA step-down regulator and 150mA LDO. An onboard Atmel SMART SAM3S series microcontroller runs the DC2227’s protocol stack, while TEConcept I/O Device Description (IODD) files support both IO-Link and SIO device operation. Any IO-Link master, including the DC2228A, can operate the DC2227A.
The DC2228A is priced at $599 and the DC2227A is priced at $299. Please contact your local Linear Technology sales office for a demonstration. For more information, visit http://www.linear.com/solutions/5484 (DC2228A) or http://www.linear.com/solutions/5486 (DC2227A).
Summary of Features: IO-Link Reference Design Kit
- Complete 8-Port IO-Link v1.1 Master Reference Design
- Operates (8) IO-Link Devices Simultaneously, with Individual Port Isolation & Fault Reporting
- 20V to 30V Input Supply Range, External Supply or PoE
- L+ Supply Outputs:
- Hot Swap™ Controller Protected
- 200mA Supply and 400mA Start-Up Pulse Capability
- CQ Data Lines:
- COM1/COM2/COM3 Data Rates
- ±50V Protection
- 36V TVS Protection
- TEConcept Software Control Tool with Free Unlimited License Renewals
- IODD File Importing Utility
- Remote Operation via Ethernet
- Complete IO-Link v1.1 Device Reference Design with Onboard Temperature Sensor, Light Sensor & Incandescent Lamp. Includes 2m IO-Link Cable & IODD Files
- 18V to 36V Input Supply Range (via IO-Link Cable)
- 39V TVS Protection
- IO-Link (COM2/COM3) or SIO Mode Support
IO-Link (IEC 61131-9) is a 24V cable interface that allows smart sensors and actuators to exchange advanced configuration, status and diagnostics information using a powerful, but simple protocol. For more information, visit www.io-link.com.