Smiths Interconnect has expanded its Qualification and Test laboratory at its site in Suzhou, China. The Centre of Excellence will offer a one-stop-shop to the global customer base for the products used in semiconductor test applications.
The investment represents the latest in Smiths Interconnect’s ongoing investments in the new Suzhou facility following its establishment in 2018, as a Centre of Excellence.
The laboratory now offers a one-stop shop for critical qualification and testing of Smiths Interconnect’s semiconductor test products manufactured in China.
The test lab area was re-designed and additional test capabilities were added to enhance the company’s ability to quickly deliver products to the customer base in the Asia Pacific region and worldwide:
- A 67GHz Vector Network Analyzer to validate RF test performance of semiconductor test sockets.
- Two new multiple cycle testers that can support 5,000+ pin count, to validate electrical performance of high-count spring pin test sockets;
- A new Current Carrying Capacity tester to characterize temperature rise vs
.current for electrical contacts.
- A Thermal Measurement system to evaluate heat-sinks for their effectiveness to cool high– power devices such as micro-processors.
- A laser cleaning machine to provide field maintenance recommendations and determine the products life cycle.
“The new test capabilities are a great addition to our existing equipment of Probe Card Analysers for WLCSP Probe heads” said Frank Zhou, Director of Product Engineering, APAC (Asia Pacific). “Our testing equipment enables us to quickly develop and deliver high quality, high performance semiconductor test products that meet our customers’ needs”.
Suzhou is a key facility for Smiths Interconnect’s semiconductor business. It now includes R&D, prototyping, manufacturing, failure analysis, test and qualification.
The multi-phased development will continue to receive investment over the coming years as Smiths Interconnect expands its test capabilities to meet the growing business needs.