Microsemi Corporation, a provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced its SmartFusion customizable system-on-chip (cSoC) devices are now fully screened to meet stringent military operating temperatures ranging from -55 degrees C to 125 degrees C.
The devices feature an integrated ARM® Cortex™-M3-based processor and are fully tested for operation at military temperature ranges, targeting applications where ensuring high-reliability performance is critical. These include avionics systems and missiles, as well as unmanned and weaponry systems which must continuously and reliably operate in harsh ground and atmospheric environments.
“Our mil-temp qualified cSoCs build on our more than 50-year heritage of delivering highly reliable, fully tested solutions for demanding military and avionics applications,” said Esam Elashmawi, vice president and general manager at Microsemi. “In addition, our SmartFusion cSoCs combine analog and digital functionality on the same die, which allows designers to address SWaP (Size, Weight and Power) and cost concerns.”
SmartFusion cSoCs provide military and avionics systems designers with a reprogrammable, non-volatile logic integration solution. The award-winning devices are based on secure flash technology that provides immunity against damaging radiation-induced configuration upsets, while eliminating the need for additional code storage. The easily reprogrammable cSoCs also enable quick prototyping and design validation capabilities, which streamline product development efforts. Additional benefits include:
• Fully tested ARM Cortex-M3 solution across the complete military temperature range;
• One hundred percent tested across the entire -55 to 125 degrees C temperature range, ensuring performance specifications are met and eliminating the need to up-screen commercial-of-the-shelf (COTS) devices;
• Live at power up (LAPU), delivering immediate processing to support short initiation systems without the need for additional power circuitry;
• Offered in 500K and 60K equivalent gates and support up to 204 input/outputs (IOs);
• Enables system and power management capabilities where multiple power rails exist; and
• Allows designers to combine analog and digital components, saving board space.
Availability and Packaging
Military temperature samples and software will be available in May 2012 for prototyping purposes. Fully qualified parts will be available June 2012. Qualified parts will include the SmartFusion A2F500 FG/G: 484 and 256 packages as well as the A2F060 FG/G 256 package.