Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE:FCS) developed the FAB2210 audio subsystem with integrated Class-G headphone amplifier and Class-D speaker amplifier to help designers of mobile devices, such as smart phones and portable media players.
The FAB2210 combines a Class-G stereo cap-free headphone amplifier with a mono filterless Class-D speaker amplifier into one IC package, for excellent audio quality and low power dissipation resulting in extended battery runtime. The device features noise gate technology, which automatically mutes the speaker or headphone amplifiers to reduce noise when input signals are low, as well as automatic gain control (AGC) to improve sound quality and increase speaker protection. For more information and to order samples, visit: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FA/FAB2210.html
Features and Benefits:
· Cap-free outputs for reduced bill of material (BOM) and enhanced frequency response
· Low noise 105dB signal to noise ratio (SNR)
· Automatic gain control (AGC) for maximum output volume while minimizing clipping
· Current limit and thermal protection
· Selectable single-ended or differential audio inputs for high common mode rejection
· Configurable using I2C control
· Suitable for use in mobile handsets / smart phones, portable media players (PMP), portable GPS and gaming devices, digital voice recorders
Price: US $0.51 in 1,000 quantity pieces
Availability: Samples available upon request.
Delivery: 8-12 weeks ARO