TI introduces industry’s first VID interface controller with adjustable start-up current for core-voltage regulators
Voltage identification IC features one-percent output accuracy and supports 4- and 6-bit VID interfaces
Texas Instruments Incorporated introduced a power management controller with 4- and 6-bit voltage identification (VID) interfaces. The LM10011 is the first VID controller designed to operate along with a point-of-load regulator to adjust the core voltage (VCORE) of a VID-enabled processor, such as TI’s C6000™ power-optimized DSPs and KeyStone multicore DSPs.
The LM10011 enables TI’s DSPs to realize their full power savings capability to reduce power consumption in wireless infrastructure applications. The controller features industry-leading one-percent output accuracy and adjustable output current during start-up. For more information and samples, visit www.ti.com/lm10011-pr-eu.
The LM10011 VID controller operates over a 2.97-V to 5.5-V input voltage range and is a cost-effective, easy-to-use solution. It can be used with any point-of-load regulator that has a feedback node, such as TI’s high-performance 15-A LM21215 and 25-A TPS56221 synchronous buck regulators. The LM10011 offers 16 pin-programmable current output options during start-up, allowing the DSP VCORE to power up various voltages to enable greater system flexibility and reliability. Watch a video demonstration at www.ti.com/lm10011-prv.
The LM10011 controller joins TI’s family of high-accuracy VID products that include the LM10010, UCD9244, UCD9224, UCD9248 and UCD9222.
Key features and benefits of the LM10011 VID controller
• 16 selectable start-up current options offer flexibility for system operation and higher system reliability.
• One-percent output voltage accuracy is fully compliant with C6000 VID table.
• 2.97-V to 5.5-V input voltage range supports both 5-V and 3.3-V bus voltages.
• Pin-selectable VID format allows 4-bit and 6-bit VID patterns.
• Precision enable supports custom under-voltage lockout (UVLO).
Availability, packaging and pricing
The LM10011 VID controller is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors. Offered in a 10-pin SON package that measures 3-mm by 3-mm by 0.8-mm, the LM10011 is priced at US$0.60 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI’s VID controllers:
• Order samples and an evaluation module of the VID controller: www.ti.com/lm10011-pr-eu.
• Design a complete power management system online with TI’s WEBENCH® Power Designer: www.ti.com/webenchpwr-pr.
• Ask questions and share knowledge in the power forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
• Download power reference designs from TI’s PowerLab™ Reference Design Library: www.ti.com/powerlab-pr.