Europe's premier microwave, RF, wireless and radar event
European Microwave Week (EuMW) will be held in the extraordinary and beautiful ‘Eternal City’ of Rome, this year. Bringing industry, academia and commerce together, EuMW 2014 is a six-day event, including three cutting-edge conferences and one exciting trade and technology exhibition featuring leading players from across the globe.
The event focuses on the needs of engineers and researchers and offers an opportunity for both communities to discuss the latest trends and developments in the field of application of microwaves. Microwave devices, systems for telecommunications − both terrestrial and space-borne, transportation, medical, radar and new areas of application will be included in the programme. Particular emphasis will be placed on space-related technologies and applications.
Where: Fiera di Roma, Rome, Italy
When: 5-10 October 2014
The European Microwave Exhibition, taking place between the 7th and 9th of October 2014, is the largest trade show dedicated to microwaves and RF in Europe, providing:
• 8000 sqm of gross exhibition space;
• 5,000 key visitors from around the globe;
• 1,700 - 2,000 conference delegates;
• In excess of 250 international exhibitors, including Asia and the US as well as Europe.
Concentrating on the needs of engineers, the event will present the latest trends and developments that are widening the field of application of microwaves. Pivotal to the week is the European Microwave Exhibition, which offers the opportunity to see, first hand, the latest technological developments from global leaders in microwave technology, complemented by demonstrations and industrial workshops.
The 2014 week consists of three conferences and associated workshops:
• The European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference (EuMIC) − the 9th European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference (EuMIC) will be held as part of the European Microwave Week 2014. This conference targets RF microelectronics and is a vital part of the European Microwave Week which is the largest RF/microwave event in Europe.
• The European Microwave Conference (EuMC) − the 44th European Microwave Conference (EuMC) represents the main event in the European Microwave Week 2014, the largest event in Europe dedicated to microwave components, systems and technology.
• The European Radar Conference (EuRAD) − the 11th European Radar Conference (EuRAD) will be held as part of the European Microwave Week 2014. This radar conference is the major European forum for the current status and the future trends in the field of radar technology, system design, and applications.
The three conferences specifically target ground breaking innovation in microwave research through a call for papers explicitly inviting the submission of presentations on the latest trends in the field, driven by industry roadmaps. The result is three superb conferences created from the very best papers, carefully selected from close to 1,000 submissions from all over the world.
Special rates are available for EuMW delegates. For a detailed description of the conferences, workshops and short courses please visit www.eumweek.com. The full conference programme can be downloaded from there.
A trend that has emerged over recent years has been the development of Pavilions that provide an identity and a platform for smaller companies and distributors to band together, present a collective presence and demonstrate the diversity of their country’s industry. This year the number of Pavilions has grown to include European representation from past, present and future EuMW host countries including Germany, France, Holland, Italy and Spain. Demonstrating that the Week is truly international, the Chinese Pavilion will again be prominent, while manufacturers from the rest of Asia and the US continue to be well represented.
A number of companies will again be running the ever popular Exhibitor Workshops where experts in their fields will offer attendees the opportunity to see live demonstrations and gain hands-on experience. The educational/instructional theme will continue on the floor of Hall 9 with European Microwave Week Microwave Application Seminars (MicroApps), which, now in its fourth year, has become a recognised event in itself. The NI (formerly AWR Corporation), Rohde & Schwarz and Horizon House sponsored seminars will take place in the MicroApps Auditorium for the entire three days of the exhibition.
The exhibition hall will also be the home of the conference Poster Sessions, Coffee Breaks and the Publisher’s Corner. Once again CST is sponsoring a Cyber Café located on the show floor for all delegates, exhibitors and visitors to use, as well as free Wi-Fi access to emails for delegates in all conference areas.
Registration to the Exhibition is Free
• International Companies − meet the industry’s biggest names and network on a global scale.
• Cutting-edge Technology − exhibitors will show their latest product innovations, offer hands-on demonstrations and provide the opportunity to talk technical with the experts.
• Technical Workshops − get first hand technical advice and guidance from some of the industry’s leading innovators.