Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced a next-generation family of self-encrypting solid state drives (SSDs) for applications requiring superior data security, outstanding reliability, ruggedization, large storage capacity and high sustained data throughput rates.
The first new product in the TRRUST-Stor™ Series 200 family is a 256 gigabyte (GB) 2.5” SATA SSD that operates at sustained rates of 200 megabytes per second (MB/s). The company has secured multiple design-wins for its new Series 200 SSD and initial shipments to customers are underway.
TRRUST-Stor Series 200 SSDs are ideal for high bandwidth land-, air-, and ship-based video streaming and surveillance applications where recording every second of data is important. The high capacity Series 200 also provides ample storage for imaging applications such as those used in UAVs and vetronics.
“Our new Series 200 SSDs deliver the exceptional speed, capacity and unmatched security features required to meet growing demand for high-bandwidth, read-write drives used in data-sensitive applications,” said BJ Heggli, vice president of strategic development and assistant general manager for Microsemi. “We will continue to execute on our product roadmap to deliver industry-leading solid state drives that match our customers’ security, storage and performance requirements.”
The TRRUST-Stor Series 200 is powered by Microsemi’s second generation Armor™ processor. A full hardware-based erase takes less than eight seconds, the fastest erase time on the market. The Series 200 SSDs also offer the ability to load encryption keys. Customers can input their own AES-256 keys, purge them and re-load as needed. Microsemi’s TRRUST-Purge™ technology destroys keys in less than 30 milliseconds when activated.
The self-encrypting drive (SED) features a built-in compact in-line encryptor with hardware-implemented AES 256 encryption using the XTS block cipher mode.
TRRUST-Stor Series 200 Features:
- Capacity: 256 GB non-volatile storage using reliable, long-life SLC NAND flash
- Performance: 200 MB/s sustained reads and writes
- Encryption: Hardware-based implementation of AES-256 encryption with XTS, protecting sensitive data
- Security: Flexible key management with loadable AES encryption keys. Optional hardware-based authentication enables higher levels of security. The TRRUST-Purge function erases the keys in under 30ms, rendering data forensically unrecoverable.
- DMEA Trusted Facility: U.S.-made with full BOM and manufacturing control
- Fast Erase Capability: Hardware-based fast clear of the entire drive occurs in less than eight seconds
- High-reliability: Developed to endure harsh environments, TRRUST-Stor SSD’s ruggedized specifications allow the disk drive to withstand up to 3000G shock and 30 Grms of vibration.
- Obsolescence Management: Leveraging Microsemi Armor flash management processor and IP, product obsolescence is mitigated.
Microsemi has full design, manufacture and test capabilities for a wide variety of multiple chip packages (MCPs), commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) memory, microprocessors and combination MCPs for demanding applications. These microelectronic products can also be ruggedized and processed for tamper resistance.