VersaSense will present live demonstrations of its award-winning MicroPnP product range at Hannover Messe, Linear Technology Stand H23, Hall 9. MicroPnP is based on SmartMesh IPTM embedded networking and uses Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to realize zero-configuration wireless sensing and actuation at a significantly lower price point than traditional wired solutions.
MicroPnP is a complete IoT hardware and software platform that dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership for sensing and control systems. MicroPnP provides a unique value proposition:
- True plug-and-play identification of sensors and actuators at 10 million times lower power than USB.
- Ultra-reliable networking through SmartMesh IP from Linear Technology (>99.999% end-to-end reliability).
- Industry-grade security from the embedded sensor to the cloud.
- A decade of battery lifetime, with accurate real time tracking of energy reserves across the entire network.
- Flexible usage models: integrate MicroPnP in your network through ‘sensing as a product’, or consume data through ‘sensing as a service’.
These features have been achieved through a decade of world-leading industrial and academic research. MicroPnP won third place in the 2015 IPSO challenge and was nominated for the 2016 IoT hardware awards.
About VersaSense NV/SA
VersaSense NV/SA is based in Leuven, Belgium and is a spin-off company of iMinds-DistriNet at KU Leuven. VersaSense designs and manufactures a complete range of products for the next-generation of industrial wireless sensing and control systems. This includes: ultra-low power wireless hub devices, a wide range of sensors and actuators, and end-to-end software support. VersaSense also designs and deploys specialised sensing systems for customers working in: data center monitoring, chemical pipeline sensing, precision farming and building energy monitoring. VersaSense builds on a decade-long foundation of leading research in the area of the Internet of Things (IoT).